Jongosi Schools’ Festival 14th September
BOOKINGS OPEN MONDAY25TH JUNE!!!! Click here for the FULL RUN-DOWN AND SCHEDULE
South African iconic singer and white Zulu, Johnny Clegg, coined the word “Jongosi”, and allowed the Festival to use it as the umbrella term for a unique youth programme introduced for the first time in 2010. The word comes from the Afrikaans, meaning “jong os” but has been absorbed, along with Clegg, into Zulu culture. It is a celebration of all that is young, new and vibrant. The Festival’s Jongosi schools programme embodies the same values. Because the arts are the soul of the nation, the Festival has created an experience that educates, entertains and expands young people’s view of the world.
Friday 14th September for all schools. It will offer a selection of age specific, content relevant theatre which is exciting and inspiring.
Ticket price per Learner R 375.00 per learner (for 3 shows)
Should you wish to only attend 1 – 2 shows these ticket prices are R125.00 per show.
Preference for Bookings is given to those schools attending all 3 shows.
The day is structured to ensure that learners will be fully occupied attending a variety of age appropriate theatre. The aim is to instill a love of the performing arts, to provide enjoyment and to stimulate thought and discussion.
Kindly note the following important information:
We will hold your provisional booking for a maximum of 5 days .You are then free to make changes during this time. After 5 days the booking will be finalised and you will be issued with an invoice.
- Upon receipt of your invoice, we accept no cancellations nor refunds. Full payment is required within 7 days of invoice.
- Additional tickets may be booked dependent on availability.
- Ratio of staff complimentary tickets to school group size is 1 to 25.
- Venue capacities vary so book early.
- Ticket collections from the Box Office either before or on the day.
- All Food Vendors in the Main Festival Marquee will be trading on Friday. The Art Exhibitions and Craft Market are in full operation on Friday from 9am.
Please EMAIL your bookings through to the Festival Office on email@example.com